A Cleric can be one of the best members in a fighting party. They can also be very useful when an ally becomes injured or afflicted by an ailment. The Cleric prays to their god, relying on their wisdom to gain knowledge from the Gods. The nicer a Cleric is to those around him, the more favourable the Gods will be towards the Cleric.
Clerics spells aren't always the most powerful, but they have their place in the mortal realm. The Cleric class has one special ability that no other class can boast. Clerics have the ability to heal oneself and also another person. No other class can claim that ability. Clerics can absorb a lot of damage in hand-to-hand combat and heal themselves with no other means, except for the power of the Gods.
The Cleric class prefers using club and flail weapons, while wearing armour and using a shield for defense. Here is a small preview of a Cleric's powers:
A Cleric can be played by all races. However, because the spells are more defensive in nature, one should consider choosing a character with a higher wisdom and higher constitution for maximum effectiveness.
- Light - A simple prayer providing light in a dark room.
- Cure - A low level healing prayer, provides minor healing.
- Wound - A small prayer to harm a foe.
- State - A prayer which will give some general information about a player or foe.
- Uncurse - A prayer which will remove a curse from a weapon or piece of armour.
- Cold - Boosts the cold resistance of the target.
- Fire - Boosts the fire resistance of the target.
- Dispel - Boosts the magic resistance of the target.
- Hammer - Conjures a magical hammer that strikes your opponent
- Bless - Improves the defensive protection of a piece of armour.
- ... Join the Cleric class to find out more!
Playing solo as a Cleric is enjoyable, but the most valuable asset to any party would be the Cleric to heal their allies. The Cleric class is also the perfect choice for new players.
The Cleric class hall can be found in Tantallon.